Isn't Joyce Carol Oates the best? I love her. This is one of my favorite short stories. Let's, as T.S. Eliot suggests, end with a bang, not with a whimper.
117 comments last time. Holy cow! You guys are fast typists. A few thoughts for today:
1) As always, I love that you take the time to compliment one another's great ideas. Keep it up!
2) Your responses are thoughtfully crafted and proofread. Well done.
3) Thoughtful use of connections.
4) I especially loved your text-based and level three/ theme questions.
5) Avoid questions that result in yes/ no response (usually these begin with "were", "do", and "does") in favor of more open-ended constructions.
Happy last day of Gothic fishbowls!